-2 medium Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
-4 Carrots, peeled and cut into pieces
-2 cups of Vegetable broth
-1 cup unsweetened Almond milk
-1/2 white onion, diced
-1 tbsp fresh rosemary
-3-4 cloves garlic, minced
-2 tbsps Olive Oil
-salt & pepper to taste
-Baguette to slice & serve with soup, if desired
Cashew Creme Ingredients:
-2 cups cashews, soaked overnight (or cover with boiling water for 5-10 minutes)
-1 cup water
-1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
-1/2 tsp sea salt
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Prep veg & place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
3) Cover veg with 2 tbsps olive oil, use your hands to make sure they are thoroughly coated. Then sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt
4) Place tray in oven & bake for 40 minutes. If serving with bread, place bread in oven 5-7 minutes before removing the sweet potatoes & carrots.
5) Remove veg from the oven and then turn off oven, allowing bread to remain in oven until soup is ready.
6) In a large pot, saute garlic, onion and rosemary until fragrant. Then add vegetable broth, almond milk & veg to pot. Allow to cook 10-15 minutes, covered over low-medium heat.
7) Using an immersion blender(or transferring soup to a blender) blend to your desired consistency. If you prefer your soup with more liquid you can add extra veggie broth or water at this time. (I personally prefer them a little thicker and with some consistency!)
8) Add salt & pepper to taste and warm soup through again(transferring back to pot from blender if necessary)
9) Blend your cashew creme ingredients in blender until smooth
10) Slice your bread, serve soup topped with cashew creme & enjoy!
Tips: I added fresh rosemary to finished product because it’s pretty but don’t recommend this as the rosemary can be overpowering! lol
hope you enjoy !!