Meditation For Beginners is all about deconstructing the myths and common misconceptions around meditation. Plus stick around for a free meditation made by yours truly at the end!
If you’ve even clicked here you have probably heard of meditation at some point, maybe not though. In either case, Welcome! Happy to have you here. I hope to uncover some mistruths around meditation for you in order to show you how easy it really is(even if your thoughts are non-stop) and help you to see what a truly incredible and transformational tool this can prove to be in every aspect of your life!
Do you love the idea of meditation but just don’t see how it’s possible with your ongoing thoughts & mental chatter? Does the word Meditation itself trigger you a bit? Do you think of hippies, smoking pot with nothing better to do with their days than “not think” for a little while? Or maybe you’ve heard of the amazing benefits that can come from it so you’re on board but don’t know where to start! Whatever the case, my intention is to guide you with ease towards a 5 minute lifestyle change that could improve so many areas of your life- relationships, career, school, more inner peace, focus, mental clarity, healing, whatever you may be wanting from meditation.. it’s a perfect tool for many things.
SOME PROVEN BENEFITS
- Stress Reduction
- Less Anxiety
- More Self Awareness
- Increase in Focus
- Improved Memory
- Improves Sleep
- Pain Management
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Increases Empathy and Compassion
- Increases Creativity
- Helps to Overcome Addictions
- Enhances Immune System
I urge you to do your own research as these are only fractions of the possible benefits and even if we could only get a few of these benefits, couldn’t that improve our lives drastically in some cases? I’d say so.
- If I meditate, then I have to stop thinking completely. No, the point is simply to calm you & for Self exploration.
- If I meditate, then I have to focus really hard. Not the case. It helps to focus on your breath but thoughts will come up, we’re all human here. Gently acknowledging and redirecting your focus to the breath is part of the practice.
- If I meditate, then I have to become a “spiritual” person. Meditation serves to improve the real You. Not make you something you aren’t already.
- If I meditate, I’ll become less smart(it’s the opposite, in fact!)
- I don’t have time to meditate. With families, work, social events and everything in between, it can be hard to find the time. But you will find the time for what matters most to you. Just like we find the time to scroll through social media or watch that awesome netflix show before bed, we too can find a few minutes of our days to practice meditation. Often, people will find they have MORE time to get things done when they begin meditation practice because of enhanced self-awareness, they’ll notice where their time was going previously that may not be totally necessary.
TIPS FOR BEGINNERS
- You’ll want to start with a few minutes at a time at first. Just like you wouldn’t take up running and immediately run a marathon, there’s no need to rush your meditation practice either.
- Begin with guided meditations, I’ve been doing it for years and still love to listen to guided meditations. It helps to have someone there to direct the meditation at times, or guide you into deeper relaxation than you may have previously realized was possible for you to experience.
- The peace & calm that can come from a regular meditation practice is well worth the minimal time it takes from your day. For the time it takes, it gives so much more in return.
- There’s no specific way your meditation practice needs to look. Whatever works for you is what will be best in the long run. Before I made it a regular practice, I found just having some quiet time to myself at the end of the day-no technology, TV, etc. Was a form of meditation for me all on it’s own.
- I am going to link a completely free meditation I’ve created below! It was designed for Beginner’s and is also a great refresher for every level. Please give it a try and let me know how it works for you.
I look forward to connecting with you more in the comments! Thanks for reading and I hope you were able to find some value in this post. Have a great day!
For other related topics check out: Learn To Self-Soothe