Dear Beautiful Souls,
Please never feel offended by anything I write. I am human and always growing & learning. These are my current truths but they evolve all the time with new information. If it serves you, amazing. If it doesn’t, leave it. This goes for anything in Life. Love you.
1) If you feel stuck, going into nature or doing some yoga has a way of gently nudging us back into the present moment, as well as remind us that life is not all about instant gratification. That it’s a marathon, not a sprint.
2) Comparison is the enemy of happiness & perfectionism is the enemy of peace.
3) True beauty comes from within, always has and always will.
4) In order to fully love someone, you must accept them. Not only as you wish them to be but as they truly are.
5) We are ALL perfect in our imperfections.
6) Creating a daily practice of self love & gratitude is one major key to mental health, inner peace & happiness. ( I know, positivity blah blah blah, but I kid you not.. It’s powerful stuff.)
7) Meditation is a MUST. OK, okay. Hear me out. We are all human, we are all constantly thinking. But meditation is not about stopping our thoughts, it is about becoming aware of them and allowing them without judgement or giving them any energy. Imagine a front & back door to your mind, where thoughts can come & go as they please but you don’t need to invite them to sit down for tea. This trains you to maintain peace of mind in the face of chaos which is extremely valuable, priceless in fact.
8) Life is too short to be spent with people who don’t value, love & respect you.
9) I will do a full post on this in the future, but know this. NO amount of abuse is ok. Whether it’s emotional, verbal, or physical. Get out or seek help ASAP. Remember you are never alone. There are people, good people, who will help you. Reach out to them.
10) Follow your heart and always live in alignment with your values and passions. If you don’t know what they are, take the time necessary to figure them out.
11) Get to know yourself. You are always with you so you might as well get to know & like yourself. Become your own BFF. Give yourself the love, appreciation, validation, respect and compassion you need everyday. Never expect or seek this treatment from others. The way you treat yourself is how you teach others to treat you.
12) Learn to enjoy your solitude. It can be very transformative and a time for personal growth.
13) Life is better shared if you’re in truly good company. But it’s always better to be alone than in bad company.
14) Plantbased life is extremely healing & the best possible thing you can do for your mind, body, health, the animals and the planet.
15) Dogs are people, too.
16) Making time for self-care is the best preventative measure for burn out. Fill your own cup so you have the energy to care for others.
17) Different is beautiful, be YOUnique.
18) Don’t take things personally, how others treat you is a reflection of themselves.
19) Don’t seek out approval from others. Cutting off parts of yourself to fit into someone else’s definition of perfect, successful or acceptable will never bring you happiness, only suffering.
20) Music really is the universal language.
21) Kindness is Sexy.
22) We are all connected. This is why it causes us pain or discomfort to hate someone, yet feels amazing to love someone. This is not an coincidence.
23) Journaling is an effective & therapeutic tool to help gain clarity & insight of your wants and needs and also find solutions. The ‘stream of consciousness’ technique is great to get started.
24) Affirmations are the most effective way to transform negative beliefs into positive ones that actually serve us & the life we wish to create.
25) Whatever god you believe in, we all come from the same one.(Yes it’s a Macklemore quote but he speaks the truth!)
26) Kids breathe life into you. If you really listen and see them as their OWN person we can learn so much from them. About life & ourselves. (Apparently I’m impatient or something?)
27) Life is a gift as well as everything that happens to us. It’s up to us to see everyone we meet as a teacher and every experience as an opportunity to learn.
If you’ve made it this far thank you so much for reading! I’d love to hear from you & if there’s anything you’d like me to elaborate on in a future post let me know. 🙂