8 lasagna noodles(I used the gluten-free Jovial brand)
1 jar of pasta sauce, your choice
1 14 oz. package of firm tofu
1 cup & 2 tbsps vegan mozzarella shreds
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup & 1 tbsp vegan parmesan
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp vegetable boullion(opt)
1 tsp italian herbs & garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder & dried parsley
1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- Boil gluten free noodles until al dente. (You may need to cook a few more than 8 noodles, if using gluten free, to be prepared if any fall apart.) Grand shells would also work with this recipe!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In large bowl, crumble tofu until creamy but still has a bit of texture.
- Stir in boullion. Then add lemon juice, nutritional yeast and seasonings, combine well.
- Then incorporate 1 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup parmesan into the mixture.
- On a plate, lay out one noodle at a time & spread 2-3 tbsps of mixture to evenly cover it. Gently roll up the noodles. (If using grand shells, just stuff them with 2-3 tbsps instead.) This is enough filling for 7-8 roll ups.
- In a casserole dish, pour 1 cup pasta sauce on bottom and spread out evenly.
- Place roll ups side by side on top of the sauce.
- Pour remainder of pasta sauce on top of roll ups & then cover dish with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove from heat and sprinkle 2 tbsps mozzarella and 1 tbsp parmesan.
- Recover with foil and return to oven for 2-3 minutes until cheese melts.
- Enjoy!! Kids will love these too!